One reason why cremation services in West Jordan, UT and beyond are so popular is that they allow for tons of creativity. From flexibility in scheduling to unique cremation methods, there are lots of ways cremation helps you celebrate and honor the deceased in a unique, memorable and meaningful way. There is also a wide range of cremation products that can aid in this creativity. From before the cremation to after, you can easily create a personalized cremation for your deceased loved one with these products.
There are many ways you can begin to memorialize the deceased before the cremation even takes place. These products can help you do just that:
- Thumbies: A Thumbie is a custom jewelry or pendant piece that creates a lasting imprint of the deceased’s fingerprint, footprint or handprint. Special Thumbie artists use a cast or image of the actual print to create these lovely keepsakes. You can choose different finishes including silver or gold to make the piece even more unique.
- Remembrance Jewelry: Similar to Thumbies, remembrance jewelry holds part of the deceased inside, so you can carry it with you wherever you go. You can use a small lock of hair, cremated remains, or even soil from somewhere meaningful to be placed inside a locket, bracelet or other jewelry piece.
- Cremation Caskets: You do need a rigid container in which the body will be cremated. Crematoriums provide a basic container, but you can opt to purchase a more elaborate or special cremation casket to make the cremation more special.
It’s easy to get creative after the cremation, too. Some creative post-cremation service products you can use include:
- Urns: You may choose to keep the deceased’s ashes in an urn. There are many different shapes, styles, colors and sizes of urns to choose from, so it’s not that hard to find one that suits your preferences and needs. Some urns are basic but dignified, while others are personalized with engravings, paintings and other decoration.
- Memorial Stationary: Make the cremation service itself even more special with custom stationary featuring photos of the deceased, meaningful quotes, or a simple decoration. You can use this stationary for the guest book at the service, or to write thank you cards on later. You can also find memorial folders, registry books, bookmarks, prayer cards, acknowledgement cards and more.
- Final Resting Place: There are lots of creative and special ways to put a cremated loved one to rest. These include:
- Scattering: Scatter your loved one’s remains freely outdoors. You may also hire a specialist to scatter them in the ocean or even in the sky.
- Columbarium: You may house the deceased in an outdoor niche above ground designed to hold urns.
These are just a few of the products you can purchase for your loved one’s West Jordan, UT cremation service. If you want more information on these products, or on cremation services in general, contact Utah Simple Cremations by visiting 4377 S State St Murray, UT 84107, or calling (801) 910-5317.