Cremation services in West Valley City, UT and beyond are very popular. They show up almost everywhere, including in our popular culture. While the cremations, urns, memorials and services we see in movies and TV are dramatized and not always accurate, there are many that can serve as great inspiration for you when it comes time for you to celebrate the life of a lost loved one. Use this list of iconic movie and TV cremations as inspiration:
- “This is Us” – After a beloved character on this TV show passed, his family continued on his tradition of watching football as a family by cheering on their favorite team with his ashes in an urn right next to them. Take inspiration from this show and bring your loved one’s ashes on adventures or to do beloved activities.
- “The Big Lebowski” – In this movie, John Goodman’s character scatters the ashes of one of his friends out of a coffee can. While you can always spend money on an urn or another container, this scene is good inspiration to use every day or meaningful items to hold the deceased’s ashes.
- “Elizabeth Town” – The character Drew decided to take one final trip with his father, though his father is already passed, and his ashes are in a cremation urn. Drew spreads his father’s ashes at special spots along the trip, commemorating memories and traditions while honoring his father. Use this film as inspiration to scatter your lost loved one’s ashes at unique, special or meaningful places.
- “Harry Potter” – In the sixth movie, Dumbledore passes away. The teachers and students of Hogwarts gather for a large memorial service to honor him, with all lessons and exams suspended to ensure everyone could attend. Do your best to choose a time and date for your loved one’s memorial that allows as many people as possible to attend and pay their respects.
- “Star Wars” – In the “Star Wars” universe, Jedi knights are cremated in dramatic funeral pyres. While you don’t need to immortalize your lost loved one with a Jedi funeral pyre, you can perform a cremation service that will honor him or her in a similar way.
These pop culture references are excellent inspiration for your lost loved one’s cremation service. If the deceased was a big fan of a particular movie or TV show, you can choose to incorporate it into the service through music, décor, or even a themed urn. For example, you could choose a cremation urn decorated with stars and galaxies for a lost loved one that loved “Star Trek” or “Star Wars”. You can choose to honor the deceased in any way, whether inspired by movies and TV shows or not.
You can make your lost loved one’s cremation service as unique as you want with the help of Utah Simple Cremations. To learn more about our offerings or about West Valley City, UT cremation services please pay us a visit at 4377 S State St Murray, UT 84107 or give us a call at (801) 910-5317.