It may feel like there are millions of cremation service providers in Salt Lake City, UT and the rest of the country. With all these choices, how are you supposed to choose the right one for you and your loved ones? Use these tips to help you find the ideal funeral home or crematory that matches your cremation plans, ideas, and price range.
Take the following factors into consideration when choosing a funeral home or cremation service provider:
- Location – Sometimes the right cremation service provider isn’t necessarily in your hometown, as funerals and services often take place in special locations where the deceased wants to be buried or where other family members live.
- Services – Make sure the business you choose offers the services you, your family, and the deceased want. Look into services from burial options like cremation, traditional burial, or green burial to different technologies like online obituaries, digital guest books or live streaming.
- Prices – Funeral home and crematory prices vary greatly, and price should be a factor in your decision.
- Independent vs. Corporate- These days, a corporation owns over 20% of funeral homes and crematories. Corporate businesses generally charge 30% to 40% more for the same funeral and cremation services or accessories than privately owned ones, but they can sometimes provide more options than private homes.
- Veteran Services – If your deceased loved one served, that should be recognized in a special way. Check that the crematories you’re looking at offer veteran services if necessary.
- Cultural and Religious Needs – Make sure the provider you choose is able to provide you with your cultural and religious cremation and service needs.
It will never feel like the right time to start looking for a crematory or cremation service provider, but you can save time, stress and even money later on if you start looking now before you need to. Preplanning which provider you want will help make sure you aren’t stuck with the easiest or most accessible option when the time comes. You can start preplanning and choosing a cremation provider by looking at:
- Price Comparisons – Every funeral home and crematory is required by law to have a general list of prices for their offered products and services. As a potential client you have the right to ask for copies of these lists to get a good idea of their prices and how they compare to one another.
- Services Fees – What is included and what is not included in services fees varies greatly from provider to provider, so double check each option’s fees.
- Adding Funeral and Cremation Costs to Insurance – Be sure the funeral home or crematory you choose can be added to the cremation insurance on your current life insurance policy to help save your family money after you’re gone.
If you’re looking for a Salt Lake City, UT cremation service provider, you don’t have to look further than Utah Simple Cremations. Pay us a visit at 4377 S State St Murray, UT 84107, or give us a call at (801) 910-5317.