When you’re faced with planning cremation services in Salt Lake City, UT, life is probably very chaotic. You’re dealing with the loss of a loved one, scheduling, planning, making decisions, and most likely spending a lot of money. Its hard enough loosing someone you love without having to deal with planning cremation services, too.
One of the greatest gifts you can give your family and loved ones is helping them avoid that stress and pain. Pre-planning cremation services takes away most of the guesswork and sometimes financial strain from your family. There are lots of positives with pre-planning cremation services such as:
- Reducing Your Loved Ones’ Burdens: Help your family and friends after you’ve gone by leaving clear funeral and cremation services wishes. Make decisions ahead of time to avoid confusion, disagreements and unnecessary pain on top of the pain of loss.
- Hold Onto Self Reliance: Pre-planning is also good for you! It helps you maintain some self-reliance through the end of your life, and keeps control when you might otherwise be loosing it.
- Meaningful Cremation Services: Your cremation services are not just for you, they are an integral part of the grieving process as they help family and friends deal with their loss and grief in a healthy way. If they are too busy dealing with details and planning they might miss out on the important psychological funeral benefits, or they wont be as effective if the funeral was thrown together last minute.
- It’s Your Funeral, Literally: Make sure your final wishes are honored by pre-planning. Be sure to clearly express or write down what you want, so you funeral plan is easy to follow.
- Assume The Financial Burden: One of the biggest benefits of pre-planning is that you can start saving or setting money aside for the cremation with well enough time to pay for it. Cremation services can be expensive! Help your family by removing the financial stress.
While there are lots of decisions to make when it comes to cremation services, there are also a lot of pre-planning options! Some of the choices you can make ahead of time are:
- Choose what type of disposition you prefer: cremation, traditional burial or non-traditional methods.
- What type of funeral service you want, for example religious, military, or again, non-traditional.
- What funeral home or crematory service do you want to use?
- Pick out specifics such as music, pallbearers, decorations, video or picture displays, or readings.
- Where do you want your final resting place? Choices include family plots, cremation urns, mausoleums, or a columbarium. Or, you can get creative and choose methods and locations like scattering, green burials, benches or trees.
If you’re looking for more assistance with pre-planning your Salt Lake City, UT cremation services, Utah Simple Cremations is here to help. Please pay us a visit at 4377 S State St Murray, UT 84107, or give us a call at (801) 910-5317 to learn more about what we can do for you.