Music is a powerful tool that can evoke emotion and mood. There are many different kinds of songs out there that are perfect for memorial services, from traditional to modern and everything in between. There are an amazing number of options when it comes to funeral songs. So how do you choose the songs for your loved one’s memorial after a cremation service in Salt Lake City, UT?
All music can evoke powerful emotions and memories, so go with your heart when making the decision. Choosing the kind of music, you want to play at your lost loved one’s funeral is a very personal experience, so there is no right or wrong answer.
You should take some time to think about what kind of music the deceased would have enjoyed, as the point of the funeral is to celebrate his or her life. However, you can also get inspired by music that the memorial guests will enjoy, too. You can even try playing a few different kinds of music to try and meet everyone’s tastes and preferences, though you shouldn’t stress about meeting everyone’s tastes as that’s almost impossible to accomplish. You need to choose songs that go along with your plan for the memorial. Think about if you want songs that speak about death and spending eternity in heaven, or songs that remind you of certain qualities and characteristics of the deceased. You can also look for songs that allow for reflection over fond memories or ones that your lost loved one enjoyed.
You can choose the music by getting inspired with common and popular cremation service song choices. There are tons of options out there, from common to more unique. Here are some that might inspire you. This list includes country, modern, classic and traditional options.
- In the Arms of an Angel by Sarah McLachlan
- When I Get Where I’m Going by Brad Paisley
- If You’re Reading This by Tim McGraw
- One More Day by Diamond Rio
- Broken Halos by Chris Stapleton
- What A Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong
- Hero by Mariah Carey
- You Should Be Here by Cole Swindell
- Drink a Beer by Luke Bryan
- Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley (there are many other iterations by other artists)
- Let It Be by The Beatles
- Who You’d Be Today by Kenny Chesney
- Lay Me Down by Sam Smith
- Hear You Me by Jimmy Eat World
- How Long Will I Love You by Ellie Goulding
- Last Kiss by Pearl Jam
- Over You by Miranda Lambert
- Fix You by Coldplay
- See You Again by Wiz Khalifa & Charlie Puth
- Only One by Kanye West and performed by Kanye West and Paul McCartney
- Supermarket Flowers by Ed Sheeran
If you would like to learn more about Salt Lake City, UT cremation services or how to plan a memorial service please get in touch with Utah Simple Cremations. You can stop by and visit us at 4377 S State St Murray, UT 84107 or give us a call at (801) 910-5317 today.