It’s never easy to think about your death. However, taking the time to preplan your cremation services in West Valley City, UT has a lot of benefits that make it worth the minor discomfort of thinking about your eventual passing.
Preplanning for your cremation can help both you and your loved ones in many different ways. The benefits of preplanning a cremation include:
- Easing Your Family’s Burden: Let your family know exactly what you want for your cremation so they don’t have to guess what to do after you’re gone, or spend time making painful decisions when they should be grieving with loved ones.
- Financial Responsibility: You can plan for how to cover the cremation costs in advance to make it easier for your family’s bank accounts and stress levels. Look into cremation insurance or funeral trusts to help ensure financial ease for your cremation and service.
- Making Sure Your Wishes Are Met: Make sure you get the exact cremation and memorial service you want by taking care of the details and clearly laying them out for your friends and family. This way they won’t be able to argue or disagree.
- Maintaining Self-Reliance: Taking charge of your memorial services and cremation allows you to maintain control and independence when you might otherwise lose them. This is good for your mental health at the end of your life, and gives you more self-reliance.
- Creating a Meaningful Service: Memorial services are an important part of the grieving process, but your loved ones might miss out on the important benefits if they are too busy planning the event. Preplan so they don’t have to.
There are a lot of details that go into a cremation, but luckily it’s easy to take care of the majority of them in advance with a little preplanning. Some of the choices you can make ahead of time for your cremation services include:
- Choose what to do with your remains, from burial and scattering to more non-traditional methods of body disposal like a biodegradable urn or water internment.
- Pick out your memorial theme, like military, religious, or non-traditional.
- Decide between a funeral home or crematory for your cremation and service.
- Detail memorial or funeral specifications like preferred music, desired readings, special decorations and video displays.
- Choose your final resting place. There are a ton of options, but the main ones include: a family plot or mausoleum, columbarium, or cremation urn.
If you want more information on preplanning cremation services, or just on cremation services in general, Utah Simple Cremations can help. We have years of experience with cremations, and would love to help you and your loved ones make the best preplanning choices possible. Please pay us a visit at 4377 S State St Murray, UT 84107, or give us a call at (801) 910-5317 to learn more about what we can do for you.